Studio Practice Fund Round Two 2021
The intention of the Studio Practice Fund is to help Acme artists continue their studio practice in the face of difficulties and challenges brought about by COVID-19.
Artists can apply for an Acme studio rent free period of up to three months, with a maximum financial equivalent of £1000 per studio. These funds will be credited directly to artists Acme rent accounts as a non-repayable grant.
Support from this fund is intended to support artists over an extended period of up to three months, hence we anticipate being able to support approximately 50 - 60 Acme studio artists.
Acme's Studio Practice Fund round two is funded by the Cultural Recovery Fund, provided by Arts Council England and DCMS.
Applications are now open and will close on midnight, Monday 10 May 2021.
Following two weeks of assessment, artists will be informed of the outcome of their applications week beginning Monday 24 May 2021.
Successful applicants will have their Acme Studio Rent accounts credited in June 2021. Artists who pay by direct debit will need to get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss changes to rent payments as they will not change automatically.
Acme’s decision is final. There is no appeals process. Acme may ask applicants for additional information to support their applications.
Acme will be assessing applications in relation to:
1. The Covid impact on an artist’s ability to fund their studio and maintain their studio practice.
2. The potential of the Studio Practice Fund to help artists to sustain their studio practice into the future.
The assessment panel is comprised of Acme staff, Executive and Board.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible to apply if
- You are a currently registered Acme artist tenant with an Acme studio since 1 October 2020.
- You are paying rent either directly to Acme or via the main tenant (e.g., this includes official tenants, sub-letters, and sharers).
- You are eligible even if you have previously received support from Acme's Rent Relief fund or Rent Payment Break fund.
- You are eligible if you have been employed by Acme on an ad-hoc or contractor basis.
You are not eligible to apply if:
- You have previously received funding from round one of Acme's Studio Practice Fund.
- You are an Acme artist in a funded residency programme (ie. not paying rent).
- You are a full or part-time Acme employee.
Click here to apply: cognitoforms.com/A...
What happens if my application is successful?
If your application is successful, the funds will be credited directly to your Acme rent accounts as a non-repayable grant.
In the event that you give notice during the credited period, the balance of the award after you have left your studio will be reallocated to the Acme Hardship Fund.
If you pay by direct debit you do need to get in touch with email@example.com to discuss changes to your payments as they will not change automatically. If you pay by standing order or bank transfer you can change the payments you make with your bank. Do contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help to work out what to pay.
Questions or Concerns
Please contact email@example.com if you have any other queries about the Studio Practice Fund.